Securing Facebook or any social account is essential. Facebook is an extremely familiar platform, anyone can easily create a Facebook account with their personal email or phone number. Therefore, how to secure Facebook against hacker intrusion is extremely important.
You might often see messages on Facebook posting “My old Facebook has been hacked” or messages asking for a card from hacked accounts is not too strange. If Facebook personal information has been stolen, it can never be recovered.
Therefore, it is extremely important to protect the safety of accounts and protect personal information on social networks. Ola City will help you synthesize effective ways to prevent Facebook hacking in the following article.
1. Two-Factor Authentication – Facebook Security
Two-factor authentication is the built-in security of facebook. It makes your account more secure. Do the following to secure facebook with 2-factor authentication:
- Step 1: Settings & privacy => settings
- Step 2: Security and login.
- Step 3: 2-Factor Authentication => click Edit
- Step 4: Click Start
- Step 5: There will be 2 options here, that is, receive a code via the phone number you use to register for Facebook or receive a login code through the Google Authenticator application.
- Step 6: Facebook will now send you a confirmation code to your phone number. You enter 6 numbers corresponding to the 6 boxes below => then click “Next” if you choose to receive the code by phone. If you choose to receive the code through the Google Authenticator app, you’ll need to download the Google Authenticator app and then open the app to view the code.
2. Enable Facebook login alert
Enable login alerts is also one of the effective ways to prevent Facebook from being stolen. Because when your account is done login, you will receive an email notification. Proceed as follows:
- Step 1: Security and login
- Step 2: Select enhanced security
- Step 3: Click Edit under “Get warnings about unrecognized login attempts”
- Step 4: Then check the option to send login alerts via Email and save it.
3. Account security through Facebook contact
As for how to secure your account through Facebook contact, you need to choose between 3 and 5 people to contact if you lose your account. Specifically, you need to do this in the following ways:
- Step 1: Access your Facebook => select Settings
- Step 2: Security and login => select Edit in the section Choose friends to contact if you cannot log in.
- Step 3: Click on Choose friends
- Step 4: Then, you choose 3 to 5 people you trust and then click accept.
4. Log out of Facebook account remotely
To protect the absolute safety of your Facebook account without worrying about being hacked or stolen, then after using it, you should log out of your account immediately, if you are using the social network on public facilities that are not privately owned at that time.
5. Secure facebook by setting a password
Many of you often have the habit of setting facebook passwords so that they are easy to remember. Typically, passwords are names, dates of birth, or numbers such as phone numbers. There are also some people who set a simpler password like 12345678, this is very easy to lead to your facebook account being stolen.
According to Facebook’s recommendations, you should regularly change your password when logging in and the password should contain special characters, uppercase characters and numbers, thus ensuring greater security.
6. Use 3rd app on facebook
This is a burning problem on Facebook recently because hackers create applications and ask to access your personal page. You will probably come across some apps on your Facebook that ask for access to your personal information. This is a hole that crooks create to collect personal information as well as to hack your nick.
Therefore, you need to pay close attention and should not participate in games that require you to log in with your Facebook account or the apps created on fb!
7. Add email information and phone number to your Facebook account
If you currently only use one of two information, Email or phone number to log in to Facebook, it is best to add both of these information to your Facebook account for better security. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Click the down arrow icon on the right side of the Facebook page, select Settings & privacy, then select Settings.
- Step 2: Select Edit in the Contact section.
- Step 3: Add your Email or phone number by clicking the Add another email or mobile number link.
- Step 4: Enter the Email you want to add, or need to add a phone number, select Add your phone number. Verify your account from the confirmation code sent to you to complete.
8. Hide information to secure your account
Hiding information to secure your account is also one of the best ways to help you fight Facebook hacking effectively. Therefore, your personal information is best left in the “only me” mode to both ensure the safety of your information and secure your facebook from thieves snooping on your account.
9. Secure your account by checking each logged in devices
Facebook users should check regularly for unusual logins. If you are reluctant to log into your Facebook account in public devices, users must remember to log out to avoid fraudsters taking advantage. If you find a strange device, sign out of it.
Facebook not only contains personal information, but also contains memories as well as private secrets of each person. When Facebook is hacked, you will lose personal information, lose all data. Bad guys will use hacked accounts for other fraudulent purposes. Ola City recommends applying two-factor authentication because it ensures high security, because this is also a way that is popular and used by many people.
Ola City Global