Want to secure your account? Usually, we only think of common security ways like setting a password, but most people use very weak passwords related to nicknames, names, dates of birth,… Two-Factor Authentication is the best way to protect your account from cyber attacks and other account takeovers. Ola City applies 2-factor authentication to help members better secure their accounts. The following article will guide you through the steps of 2-factor authentication to help you better protect your Ola City account.
I. What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication, also known as 2FA, adds an extra step to your login procedure. Without 2FA, your login is simply entering your Username and Password – the only thing that secures your account. So adding an extra layer of protection should theoretically make your account even more secure.
II. Some two-factor authentication methods
– Push notifications: You’ll get push notifications through an app on your smartphone or wearable (like smartwatch) every time you log in. This message will include information about the login request, address, and IP login so the user decides whether to confirm the login request or not.
– Hardware token: You can get the OTP (One Time Password) code generated each time a login is sent to a certain device (such as a phone) to access your account.
– SMS confirmation code: This method requires you to enter a random confirmation code sent to your phone via SMS to bypass the second layer of security.
– Calling: This method requires you to wait for an incoming call to listen to the OTP code or press any button to confirm login.
– OTP codes via the app: Applications that automatically generate OTP codes like Google Authenticator also work similar to the SMS system, sending you a randomly generated OTP code (usually about 30 seconds/time) to fill out when logging in to the second security layer.
III. Instructions for 2-factor authentication of Ola City account
Step 1: Login to your Ola City account, select Settings.
Step 2: Select Account Security.
Step 3: Select Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
Step 4: To start the process, you have to use your phone to scan the QR code.
Download the 2-factor authentication app (For example: using the Google Authenticator app)
Step 5: Enter the Google Authenticator application, select scan QR code.
Step 6: Scan the QR code in the 2-factor authentication settings at Ola City, you will receive the verification code sent to the Google Authenticator application.
Note: The verification code will be changed within a certain time period.
Step 7: Enter the verification code and select Activate.
So you have successfully enabled 2-factor authentication. Your account now has been more secure.
IV. Instructions to turn off the 2-factor authentication feature
Step 1: When you want to turn off this security feature, just enter the verification code and select Deactivate 2FA.
Step 2: Enter the password, 2FA code in the Google Authenticator app and select Deactivate.
- When setting up 2-factor authentication, you should always keep the Google Authenticator app. In case you accidentally delete the application or lose your phone, and you can’t log in, please send information to email [email protected] for better support.
- Ola City recommends members when setting up two-factor authentication should capture and save your SECRET CODE to avoid forgetting or losing your two-factor authentication password.
Ola City Global